Last year my girlfriend (now fiancé) and I wrote down our resolutions or goals for 2014 on pieces of paper that we then put up on one of the walls of her apartment. I can only remember three of my goals and they were ones I felt confident I would meet. The rest served as reminders for all that I did not accomplish. What stunning wall art!
This year the question is … do I tap in to my most ambitious self for the goals of 2015? Or do I put things I feel confident I’ll meet. Why not both?
Confident I’ll Meet
- Read at least 18 books
- Find a way to reduce how much trash I generate
- One example of something I did in this category before: I went from using two paper towels in public restrooms to just one, also if air dryers are available I tend to use those
- I don’t know what I’ll be doing this year to address this … so, brain, get to work
- Cook more (since I’ll be a married man starting at the end of January I will be putting the fancy new dishes and cookware to use)
- Get back to reading other blogs more
Goals I’ll Have to Work For
- Beat my 5k and 10k PRs (and stretch more and better!)
- Finish the first draft of the book I started during the 2013 NaNoWriMo (good thing documents on a computer don’t gather dust …) OR some other book project I have started and not finished
- Experiment with a new dish AT LEAST once every 3 weeks!
- This might not sound hard, but do you know how EASY it is for me to make the same 6 or so dishes over and over?
- Less soda (hopefully this will go hand in hand with cooking more since I usually only get soda if I eat out)
There you go public, and future self for my own reference, the goals/resolutions for 2015!