2017! That’s nuts.
Anyway, last year wasn’t all that great for me as far as self-improvement. I have the easy and ready excuse of my wife and I moving from Texas to Colorado at the very end of December, 2015, so 2016 was spent adjusting to a new home, and a new job (two stressful things – especially the job).
One thing that stands out is that I hardly read! I played more video games, I think, so those two things combine to show that I was choosing escape over engaging my brain in anything.
This year I’d like to get back on track.
I have forced my hand on the work out front by signing up for a 25 mile trail run. This will be difficult. Really difficult. You go up hills, down hills, up hills, down hills, etc … What have I done?
That’ll force me to work out the first half of the year, hopefully I’ll keep it going for the second half. Now, let’s get to brass tacks.
- I will read at least 18 books
- I will volunteer 12 times (once a month would work well)
- I will do six new hikes. (Colorado, I am failing to take advantage of your beauty!)
- I will get to know my fancy new camera and take it out and try my best to take awesome pictures
What’s that Corporate Brad, you want to talk stretch goals?
- Because I’ll be trained up for a 25 mile trail run, it’d be nice to do a marathon, but that’ll depend on how I am feeling after the 25er
- It would also be fun to do a relay race or a mud run kind of thing for funsies
- I’d like to get back to writing more … I do three blog posts a week, which is nice, but it’s somewhat of a consistent low grade effort. I would like to pick up my NaNoWriMo book that I started 2 years ago and finish it, or some other book I have worked on but it could use a revisit. That’d be a good thing.
That’s it for my resolutions. How about you?
Leave a Reply