Written on my dear, comfortable couch on Sunday around lunch time while my dear wife is finishing up some “toasty turkeys” (turkey sandwiches that are thrown in the toaster oven for a bit to melt the cheese).
Step 1: Sit on a couch next to your spouse (or someone)
Step 2: That someone is watching a show you don’t care about but it’s stupid reality TV which is addicting and also it’s ridiculous and the comedy is hidden everywhere (the reactions, the phrasing, the heightened drama over small things, the catty talk, the way how in every episode someone says “this challenge is really personal to me” … I’m talking about Project Runway by the way)
Step 3: Sip coffee in the morning, sip water in the afternoon
Step 4: This is important: do ONE productive thing right off the bat in the morning (in my case, read some of a coding book or go for a long jog) … This enables you to feel like you’ve earned a little rest which turns into WHAT IT’S FIVE PM?! Well … what should we do for dinner? And then it’s time to watch NHL playoffs and whadya know, the day’s done, just push those to do list items til tomorrow
Step 5: Gotta go, they’re about to kick off someone
This week I had my Wednesday post, which I had set up a while ago, a post yesterday … and this. Not my most ambitious blogging week. What I would like to do now, in a continued trend of a lack of creativity, is explain why.
- Netflix just had a bunch of seasons of shows that I like come out – this makes me happy but you would be surprised how fast it can get to be bedtime and you’ve accomplished nothing
- What’s really bad is when I watch a show a WHOLE BUNCH OF TIMES then go to bed and end up having dreams that the characters are in … It sounds like it’d be cool, after all I am a big fan of whatever show it is, but really I’m just sick of them. But then I wake up, go to work, and start watching as soon as I get home.
- It’s just no good.
- I have my NCAA football game (the only place you’ll find an SMU team that is playing well), Halo 4, Dark Souls, and my buddy is out of town for the weekend so he lent me GTA V … That does not spell creative outlets but instead creating a dent in my couch
- Actually two dents in my couch: one for my body, one for where I punch when I can’t believe that guy just … ARGGHHHH game you make me so angry (check back Monday for more on this riveting topic!)
- I saw a little blurb online about a game called Tiny Death Star – the blurb mentioned that the makers of this upcoming Star Wars game for smart phones had also made a fun game called Tiny Towers
- Nothing bad seems to happen (so there’s no challenge) … But I can’t stop dictating the world of my Tiny Tower citizens!
- In the game one of my people had a dream job to work in a Tea Shop … and I made this happen … I am a just and good ruler
Ok, back to the limitless mindless diversions … Next week I’m back with a vengeance!