The countdown until my wedding is really on, with the big day being less than one month away. What are some of the big changes that are coming my way?
- Hair, hair, everywhere – my fiancé has long hair AND a dog … Hello, lint rollers
- You know that thing where you walk around talking to yourself doing different voices because you want to see what sort of weird voices/impressions you can do? With a roommate (the wifey poo) that might now draw more questions
- My homestead will feature Legos and Steve Martin less noticeably, instead replaced by … I don’t know, whatever boring stuff “grown-ups” have in their homes
- Someone will notice just how much ice cream and chocolate covered raisins I consume (really, it’ll be the first time someone notices because I just eat those things – I don’t know what’s happening)
- The Zombino will have to move out (more on this later, I know I have done a poor job of keeping people up to date on his happenings so I will catch everyone up at some point!)
- Oh yeah and being married will be a change too
Since it’s nearing Christmas it’s the perfect time to buy things for yourself while making it look like you’re a good person shopping for others. That’s the Christmas spirit.
How am I Single?
I wanted to buy a video game whose target market was probably a bit younger than me (one of those Legos games – the Star Wars one). I went to the video game store and browsed around so that it would not seem like I came there with Legos on the brain. I looked at a number of games and eventually picked up the game I had come there for.
I went to the register and ended up getting the ‘cute girl’ (video game stores always seem to have one of those as a way to remind nerds of their place – and that place is at home, not talking to girls). She looked around for the CD, found it and put it in the case.
Suddenly, I speak (I had not planned this), “that’s for my nephew … Christmas gift.” This was a lie.
“Do you want me to gift wrap it?”
“Oh, no, no, that’s ok … It’ll just delay him getting to play with it.” That’s a lie, unless you replace the word ‘him’ with the word ‘me.’
“It’s no problem at all, I’ll gift wrap it.”
I’m not sure what’s more pathetic – me unwrapping a gift from myself to myself, or me lying without meaning to.