The intellectual equivalent of a ham sandwich.

Posts tagged ‘google’

Attn: Ellen (12/21/16)

Front

ellen291a

Back (apologies for my handwriting!)

ellen291b

The text of the postcard is

Dear Ellen,

If I was nefarious, and a hacker, I would hack Google and Amazon to give one response to any “Ok, google” or “Alexa” query someone might have.

Then, Christmas morning, excited people everywhere would set up their new Google Home or Amazon Echo Dot and they’d say, “play Jingle Bell Rock!” and then a few seconds pause before the device says, “I can’t wait to watch you while you sleep tonight …” then start playing Jingle Bell Rock.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Why am I doing this?

Xenophobic, AND Fun!

You know what’s kind of xenophobic, but also kind of fun? I’ll tell you!

Go to Google Translate (a great tool) and type a phrase in your native language, then in the other box pick a language to translate it to.

As you type the translation will show up, and for the majority of languages a little icon will appear that says out loud your phrase in the other language. What fun!

Now, here’s where the xenophobia comes into play.

Type a simple phrase like, “I have a doctorate in giving hugs.”

Then play the phrase in another language. Then another language. Then ANOTHER language! Why? To see which language makes things sound like threats!

You could even mix it up with a James Bond-type phrase, “So we meet again. This time, I assure you, the pleasure will be all mine.”

And, for good measure, go for something weird, “The dinosaurs are here, and they look hungry. Where’s grandma?”

Animal Facts! (Gorilla, Flamingo, Capybara, Kangaroo)

Gorilla

Whenever he’s sad you can bet that these two words will cheer him up: “nudie bar.”

Finds cereal romantically charming.

Dreams of owning an eyeglasses store called, “You Wouldn’t Punch a Guy With Glasses, Would Ya?”

Forgot to read the assignment – but even worse … forgot to come up with an excuse about why he didn’t read the assignment.

Doesn’t do ANYTHING at work. Here’s why: whenever anyone comes up and asks him to do something he says VERY slowly, “I understand what you’re saying … theoretically … but I’m lost in the details. Can we go over it again?” Eventually the person asking gives up.

 

Flamingo

When things get hectic he likes to grab everyone’s attention by yelling, “listen!, LISTEN! … listen?”

Likes to say “Google this” and then point to … it’s not important.

Noble and majestic 90% of the time. The other 10% we won’t get into.

Voted YES on Proposition ‘Replace Yo’ Face.’

Looking back on life, regrets having not more of a ‘je ne sais fromage’ attitude. Also he wishes he knew French.

 

Capybara

When he gets upset he talks to himself – the thing is, he calls himself ‘toots.’

Set Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” song to pictures of the planet Saturn.

Mails himself threatening postcards around Christmas – it’s a holiday tradition.

He’s a know-it-all. And, what makes it worse is that he’s generally correct.

If there was a black, female Bobby Fisher – he would be her soul mate.

 

Kangaroo

Didn’t hear about ‘Where’s Waldo’ books until college, and the first time someone excitedly shouted ‘Where’s Waldo!’ he assumed it was a euphemism.

An old fashioned gun-slinger, but with horribly racist comments instead of bullets.

Considers himself the Fabio of not showering. (This doesn’t mean anything – all you need to know is, if there’s open seating, you don’t want to sit by him.)

Desperately wants to have a friend dating someone from the panhandle in Oklahoma, so he can say, “what’s wrong? Panhandle the relationship?”

Took an online ‘IQ Test’, tried to look up every answer online, and still didn’t ace it. Ouch.

%d bloggers like this: