I think it’s very frustrating to have an opinion about something, and have people bash your opinion because they disagree with it. Other people don’t know your reasons and why Trump suits you … And then if you express your opinions, they just attack you.
I won’t do that! If you support Donald Trump, but want to have a conversation about why in case you have any doubts … give me a chance to be a sounding board.
I know you probably don’t want to talk politics with a blogger at DumbFunnery.com but … do it anyway?
- Send me an email at: DumbFunnery@gmail.com, or
- Send a private or public Tweet to me @DumbFunnery, or
- Comment on this post.
As an American, talking politics is bad social form, it’s too personal and it’s just awkward when you realize you disagree strongly with someone. But sometimes you need someone to talk to, to express why you like or dislike a candidate to sort out your feelings. If you’re in that boat about any candidate, shoot me a line! I’d be happy to talk.
Lastly, sorry about that misleading title. I promise not to be misleading again.
– Honey … Do you hear that?
– Woah! Who is that coming to our house in the middle of the night?
– I don’t know, but I’m afraid.
– Don’t be, darling, I’m sure he won’t –
– He just walked in.
– Well, so he did.
– He just walked right by us!
– Is he … Is he going for our cabinets?
– What kind of person is this!? He’s just – wait he just took some of our food!
– Do something, dear!
– Do what!? Do you see that sword he has clipped to his side?
– Yes but … You could say something!
– He’s not coming for us, I say we just ignore it.
– Oh … He’s left.
– See, that wasn’t so bad. We’re just short some food, but we still have our lives.
(Some time later)
– He’s back!
– Ah! Maybe this time he’ll …
– Nope. He’s just gone and taken our food again.
– Sure enough.
– Why did you restock the pantry already!?
(Some time later)
– Swordy is back.
– Uh oh.
– You restocked the pantry again?
– The house feels incomplete if I haven’t!
– You know I get the sneaking suspicion that he’s actually spoken to us before, but for some reason we can never remember and we end up saying the same things over and over to him so he just ignores us now.
– Right, like we don’t have any memory whatsoev … Are you restocking the pantry?
– Yes, of course, why wouldn’t I?
Portrait of a Boy, by Chaim Soutine, 1928
Father: Hi Chaim, nice to meet you.
Chaim: Hello, it’s nice to –
Father: Yes, please, one second, I’m talking to the artist.
Chaim: I will be painting your son today?
Chaim: Do you have any special requests?
Father: Make him look sassy. And like half his face is melting off.